Sunday, February 21, 2010

Reactions to Digital Nation

That was quite fascinating, actually. Especially from the dual lens of a "digital native" as well as someone who works with youth that are at levels of technology that are even beyond me. I have a few reactions to this:

(1) The word "alone" (or some derivative of it) was mentioned several times. I had this question in my notes from one of the readings that I believe would be interesting to post in class: What do you consider "alone" these days? If you are completely by yourself at home, but have some form of technology up chatting with people-- are you alone? If you are in a crowded waiting room at the doctor's office, with no cell phone signal (thus, unable to get plugged in), are you alone then?

(2) I believe some rich assumptions were made regarding the purpose of education... I am not taking any stances, but I found that interesting. Which of course brings my mind back to the never-ending debate.. What is education? What is its purpose? What is considered education? And so on.

(3) That Army thing. Innovative. Totally reinforces one of the videos that I posted and shared in last week's class.


I have other thoughts, of course. but these are my main points. Be proud... I did not pick up a call, =respond to texts, check email, etc... while watching Digital Nation. Yes, even for your text, Simone. Hahaa!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment