Same deal. Here is what I think these girls are saying.. haha. They are not singing, although it may sound like that initially. It's more of a chant or a cheer (like cheerleaders). Here it is:
===============================
[Screaming]
Girls attire, officially retired!
Hey Mom and Dad guess what?
1-2-3-4
Not going to wear it anymore!
I love my comfy sweater. I love my comfy sweater.
How cute are these boots? How cute are these boots?
Forget those girly dresses. Forget those girly dresses.
Or talk to the moose. Or talk to the moose.
Moose (ah ah ah), moose.
[Laughing]
===============================
Now for the video itself:
===============================
My Commentary (Un-Filtered Journal Style, Reader Beware):
Ooookkkkkaayyyy.. I mean, how old are these girls? I don't know about anyone else, but remember how when we were that age.. we were NOT cute?! I mean seriously, what happened to that "awkward stage" that we all once shared? These girls are super cute and fashionable!
Does anyone else find this scary?
The fact that this commercial was made affirms the thought that "kids" make up a very significant portion of consumer decisions. The girls were depicted as "in charge" to me, with enough authority to have equal or more power than their parents.
Luckily, this is a winter ad. I grew up in Los Angeles, and the outfits my TWEEN cousins were wearing out honestly baffled me! I don't know when we (as a society) felt it was acceptable for our 8-12 year olds to skip out on that era of their lives, but it kind of freaks me out. It's not just clothes either.. cell phones, internet access, etc etc.
I'm interested to hear your thoughts!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment